Job Opening: Clinic Director – Ottawa, IL
The mission of the Ottawa Clinic Director is to establish and grow our new clinic in Ottawa, IL in order to drastically reduce and ultimately erase abortion from the Illinois Valley. This will be accomplished through initiating and cultivating partnerships with individuals, businesses, and churches and by building a team of medical professionals to provide services proven to help mothers find the freedom to choose life for their unborn children.
- Grow annual charitable giving revenue to Hope Life Center’s outreach in Ottawa, IL, making the Ottawa Clinic financially self-sustaining within three years.
- In the first 90 days, develop and execute personalized strategies for cultivating relationships with existing and prospective ministry partners.
- In the first year, work in conjunction with the Director of Operations to host small in-person fundraising events and large virtual fundraiser.
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy for the Ottawa clinic to become financially self-sustaining within three years. Strategy to include goals for personal contacts (phone calls, meetings, etc.), a schedule and workflow for global touches (mass email, mailings, etc.), and a calendar of events.
- Build a major-gift portfolio of 60-100 donors.
- Facilitate the efficient operations of the Ottawa Clinic. Develop and implement a plan for the Ottawa Clinic to be managed and staffed independently of our Sterling Clinic by the end of year two.
- Maintain immediate and ongoing knowledge and deal effectively with:
- The financial and legal status of the clinic
- Core metrics related to development, marketing, and patient services
- Any innovations or modifications within the organization, including changes to policies and procedures
- Team morale as indicated by quarterly team engagement survey
- Team member performance relative to agreed-upon outcomes
- Any patient crisis, constituent crisis, or unusual incident
- Meet and communicate regularly with:
- Director of Operations through weekly one-on-one meetings and ongoing communication as needed.
- Executive team in weekly meetings that facilitate strategy, innovation, and continuous improvement across the organization.
- Department heads through one-on-one coaching meetings at least bi-weekly and quarterly performance planning meetings.
- All team members through daily huddles.
- Develop a transition strategy and timeline which includes a clinic budget and plans for the independent operation of patient services as well as fundraising and community development.
- Recruit and hire team members (staff and volunteers) as needed.
- Develop and implement an outreach strategy for the Ottawa Clinic to grow the market share of the clinic from 6% to 20% within five years.
- Support the Director of Marketing in building a long-range multi-media outreach strategy that will identify women underserved by the Ottawa Clinic and explore new mediums for reaching them.
- Grow awareness of our services and generate referrals by building networking relationships with other organizations who interface with our target demographic (ie. hospitals, health departments, schools, food banks).
- In conjunction with the Patient Services Director, ensure quality control is maintained for all aspects of patient care as indicated by core metrics (schedule rate, show rate, positive pregnancy test rate, abortion vulnerability breakdown, and percentage of women carrying to term). Implement full-panel STD testing and Abortion Pill reversal services by year two.
- Organization and Planning. Plans, organizes, and budgets efficiently and productively. Focuses on key priorities.
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement for work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the table.
- Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of communication, including email.
- Influence. Clearly articulates a vision and inspires people to join it. Seeks partnerships in which it can honestly be said to those who give, “You won’t become poorer, you will become richer by giving.” – Henri Nouwen
We recruit team members who embody our core values:
- Focus. Just because something needs to be done doesn’t mean we need to do it.
- Effectiveness. We do what works and we’re always getting better.
- Optimism. We believe we can and will succeed. We’re in the war to win it.
- Integrity. We do what’s right, no matter the cost. We reject deception and manipulation.
- Humility. We own our mistakes and shortcomings. Our confidence is in God’s ability, not our own.
- Profess a strong commitment to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Exhibit a strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life and to sexual purity.
- Agreement with Hope Life Center’s Statements of Principle.
- Enthusiasm about the mission and strategy of Hope Life Center.
Interested in joining the Hope Life Center Team? We can’t wait to hear from you!