Volunteer Receptionist – Ottawa, IL
The mission of the Receptionist is to drastically reduce and ultimately erase abortion from Illinois by being the first face to face contact the patient has with our center. That first impression is vital. A warm, professional manner is necessary to provide peace of mind to the patient that she is in a safe, professional environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE OF RECEPTIONIST
The Receptionist is the hub of information during a shift. The receptionist secures initial information from the patient and disseminates information to patient staff as appropriate. The receptionist assures that the patient and her guests feel welcome and comfortable.
- Complete Receptionist training and memorize script.
- Shadow an appointment.
- Receive patients in the reception area, assist them to complete initial paperwork and collect photo ID, offer beverages to patients and guests.
- Maintain a clean, welcoming environment in the waiting area.
- Refrain from doing any counseling with patients or family in the waiting area.
- Maintain Coffee/Beverage bar and keep cold water stocked in the refrigerator.
- Maintain and safe and welcoming environment for patients by cleaning the clinic between appointments, when time allows.
- Empathy. Serves patients with understanding and compassion (without judgement).
- Professionalism. Puts patients at ease by providing a controlled professional environment.
- Hospitality. Welcomes patients and guests warmly. Assures comfort of patients and guests while in the waiting area.
We recruit team members who embody our core values:
- Focus. Just because something needs to be done doesn’t mean we need to do it.
- Effectiveness. We do what works and we’re always getting better.
- Optimism. We believe we can and will succeed. We’re in the war to win it.
- Integrity. We do what’s right, no matter the cost. We reject deception and manipulation.
- Humility. We own our mistakes and shortcomings. Our confidence is in God’s ability, not our own.
- Maintain license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois.
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Profess a strong commitment to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Exhibit a strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life and to sexual purity.
- Agreement with Hope Life Center’s Statements of Principle.
- Enthusiasm about the mission and strategy of Hope Life Center.
Volunteer receptionist hours are available on Monday and Friday from 9am to 5pm at our Ottawa clinic.
Interested in joining the Hope Life Center Team? We can’t wait to hear from you!