Job Opening: Registered Nurse – Ottawa, IL
The mission of the Staff Nurse is to drastically reduce and ultimately erase abortion from the Illinois Valley by becoming an expert in unplanned pregnancy and skillfully serving at-risk women with medical services that are continuously optimized to help patients find the freedom to choose life for their unborn children.
- In the first 30 days, learn to skillfully perform the role of the nurse on the patient services team in order to provide direct patient care including:
- Patient intakes
- Patient education
- Pregnancy and STI testing and treatment
- Follow up process
- In first 90-180 days, learn to provide limited obstetrical ultrasound (in-house training provided).
- Ensure that quality control is maintained for all aspects of patient care as indicated by core metrics (return appointment schedule and show rates and percentage of women carrying to term).
- In the first 30 days, gain a working knowledge of all policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with patient team on the continuous improvement of the patient process.
- Conduct weekly chart audits to ensure proper documentation.
- Conduct supply audits and restock supplies as needed.
- Attend patient team meetings and and staff huddles.
- Empathy. Serves patients with understanding and compassion (without judgement).
- Confidence. Sets patients at ease by confidently directing and educating patients.
- Adaptability. Maintains composure under pressure (unflappable). Makes on-the-spot adjustments to the unexpected.
- Discipline. Maintains consistency in linear services process.
We recruit team members who embody our core values:
- Focus. Just because something needs to be done doesn’t mean we need to do it.
- Effectiveness. We do what works and we’re always getting better.
- Optimism. We believe we can and will succeed. We’re in the war to win it.
- Integrity. We do what’s right, no matter the cost. We reject deception and manipulation.
- Humility. We own our mistakes and shortcomings. Our confidence is in God’s ability, not our own.
- Maintain license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois.
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Profess a strong commitment to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Exhibit a strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life and to sexual purity.
- Agreement with Hope Life Center’s Statements of Principle.
- Enthusiasm about the mission and strategy of Hope Life Center.
This is a part time position on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Interested in joining the Hope Life Center Team? We can’t wait to hear from you!