Volunteer Nurse – Ottawa, IL
The mission of our volunteer nurses is to drastically reduce and ultimately erase abortion from the Illinois Valley by becoming an expert in unplanned pregnancy and skillfully serving at-risk women with medical services that are continuously optimized to help patients find the freedom to choose life for their unborn children.
- In the first 30 days, learn to skillfully perform the role of the nurse on the patient services team in order to provide direct patient care including:
- Patient intakes
- Patient education
- Pregnancy and STI testing and treatment
- Follow up process
- Ensure that quality control is maintained for all aspects of patient care as indicated by core metrics (return appointment schedule and show rates and percentage of women carrying to term).
- In the first 30 days, gain a working knowledge of all policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with patient team on the continuous improvement of the patient process.
- Conduct weekly chart audits to ensure proper documentation.
- Attend patient team meetings and and staff huddles.
- Empathy. Serves patients with understanding and compassion (without judgement).
- Confidence. Sets patients at ease by confidently directing and educating patients.
- Adaptability. Maintains composure under pressure (unflappable). Makes on-the-spot adjustments to the unexpected.
- Discipline. Maintains consistency in linear services process.
We recruit team members who embody our core values:
- Focus. Just because something needs to be done doesn’t mean we need to do it.
- Effectiveness. We do what works and we’re always getting better.
- Optimism. We believe we can and will succeed. We’re in the war to win it.
- Integrity. We do what’s right, no matter the cost. We reject deception and manipulation.
- Humility. We own our mistakes and shortcomings. Our confidence is in God’s ability, not our own.
- Maintain license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois.
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Profess a strong commitment to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Exhibit a strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life and to sexual purity.
- Agreement with Hope Life Center’s Statements of Principle.
- Enthusiasm about the mission and strategy of Hope Life Center.
Volunteer nursing hours are available on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9am to 5pm at our Ottawa clinic.
Interested in joining the Hope Life Center Team? We can’t wait to hear from you!