Downtown Dixon Riverfront
Walk with us toward the vision of zero abortions in the Sauk Valley
Envision a Sauk Valley with zero abortions.
Join us in making this vision a reality at our upcoming WALK for VISION.
The WALK for VISION is an event that benefits our entire community. 100% of the funds you raise will go to Hope Life Center to be used to rescue women and children from abortion. We’re excited to see the local body of Christ gather together in unity on one day to pray for abortion to end in our community and to gather resources to rescue women and children from abortion.
Put feet to your passion and participate in this year’s WALK for VISION!
Three ways for you to participate . . .
- Sponsor a walker. Check out the list of registered walkers, find a friend, and bless him/her with a generous gift. Look for the “Give” button. Sponsor a Hope Life Center walker here.
- Walk and raise money. Click the Register button to create your own fundraising page, start raising sponsorships to save lives, and work to earn some cool prizes.
- Become a church ambassador. Promote the walk in your church. Look for more details below.
- Register to walk.
- Set a fundraising goal! Pick a prize you’d like to earn and go for it!
- Create your own online fundraising website.
- Download and print a pledge form or pick one up at your church.
- Start asking for pledges; friends, family, co-workers, EVERYONE!
- Bring your pledge forms or a copy of your online pledge form with you to the walk on Saturday, October 5th, 2019.
It really is just that easy! Check out the rest of the tabs for more information.
Check out these great prizes for the 2019 WALK for VISION . . .
Raise $50 – SCOOP OF CULVER’S CUSTARD
Raise $150 – Fun pocket bag, plus all the prizes listed above.
Raise $300 – J. R. R Tolkien T-shirt, plus all the prizes listed above.
$450 – A Fall Mum, plus all prizes listed above.
$600 – Essential Oil Diffuser for vehicle, plus all the prizes listed above
Raise $1,200 – Two tickets to the Life Saver Dinner Club at Smoked on 3rd on November 8th and a custom reflective windbreaker, plus all prizes listed above.
$2,400 – Your choice of carry on luggage with charge station
OR 7.5 lb Steak Bundle from The Butcher Shop, plus all prizes listed above.
When is the WALK for VISION?
Saturday, October 5th, 2019. Registration starts at 8:30 and the walk is at 9:00.
Where is the Walk?
The walk is along the riverfront in downtown Dixon. The address is:
Heritage Crossing, South Hennepin Avenue
Dixon, IL 61021
How far is the Walk?
It’s an easy and fun 2-mile walk!
Can I walk my miles on a different day than the walk?
If you can’t walk on the day of our event, no problem! You can walk any day, anytime, anyplace – it still counts! Just email or mail your completed pledge forms to us and we will send you any earned prizes. – If you’re including any collected money, please do not send cash or change through the mail. Please convert it into a check made payable to Hope Life Center and send it that way. Thank you!
What if it rains?
Rain or Shine we will still be walking – bring an umbrella!
Where can I get more pledge sheets?
Pick up another pledge form at your church or download & print a copy here.
Can I bring a friend?
Yes! Bringing friends and family is encouraged. The Walk is always better with someone you know!
Can I bring my dog?
Dogs are welcome. But please remember there will be lots of people around of all ages. Pets need to be on a leash and well-socialized, this makes it enjoyable for your pet, you and others at the event. Also, remember that you will need to clean up after your pet, so make sure to bring necessary supplies.
Can I buy a prize?
Our prizes are offered as an incentive to raise pledges – they can not be bought (T-shirts included). Anyone who is interested in a prize can “self-sponsor” themselves to earn the prize. Example: The WALK for VISION shirt is a $300 prize level, sponsoring yourself for $300 would earn you a stylish shirt!
For Church Ambassadors
Church Ambassadors: Taking the Cause to the Streets
The WALK for VISION is successful when we all come together to make a difference! That’s where YOU come in. Become an Ambassador and share the opportunity to stand for life with your church.
- Recruit fundraising walkers at your church
- Set up a table at your church with the WALK materials and help distribute them
- Talk to your pastor about promoting the WALK for VISION from the pulpit and within the church
- Use bulletin announcements and PowerPoint slides, etc. to promote the Walk in your church
We’ll equip you with all you need to represent the Walk. Contact Ben at 815.900.7335 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get signed up.